COVID Catch Up Grant
In the 20/21 academic year, due to lost learning time as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Government announced additional one-off funding for 'catch up' learning. The funding amount has been calculated as £80 per child.
Schools should use this funding for specific activities to support their pupils to catch up for lost teaching over the previous months, in line with the guidance on curriculum expectations for the next academic year.
There are 4 key aims within this guidance:
- Teach an ambitious and broad curriculum in all subjects from the start of the autumn term, but make use of existing flexibilities to create time to cover the most important missed content.
- Aim to return to the school’s normal curriculum in all subjects by summer term 2021.
- Plan on the basis of the educational needs of pupils. Curriculum planning should be informed by an assessment of pupils’ starting points and addressing the gaps
- Develop remote education so that it is integrated into school curriculum planning.
Schools have the flexibility to spend their funding in the best way for their cohort and circumstances.
To support schools to make the best use of this funding, the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) has published a coronavirus (COVID-19) support guide for schools with evidence-based approaches to catch up for all students. Schools should use this document to help them direct their additional funding in the most effective way.
Our Key Priorities here at Pye Bank:
1. Children access high quality teaching every day
2. Children are ready and able to access the quality teaching on offer.
3. Children attend school regularly
4. All children are able to access high quality remote learning when necessary
5. Children are identified quickly for additional support to ‘catch up’ over time with their peers and/or get ‘back on track’ with their achievement flight path based on their prior attainment.
6. Re-establish the school’s curriculum across the autumn and spring terms, ensuring the children receive a broad and balanced experience.
|CLICK ON THE IMAGE ABOVE FOR OUR CATCH UP PLAN|